I love curries :) you can literally just throw them together and add loads of veggies to make them super healthy!!
Aubergine and Chickpea Curry (serves 2)
- Avocado oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- Thumb size piece of ginger
- Red onion
- Coriander - roughly chopped
- 2 good handfuls of spinach
- 50g cashew nuts
- Tin of chick peas
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml low salt veg stock
- 1/2 Aubergine -cubed
- Dried spices -2tsp ground coriander, 1tsp Cumin , 1tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp mustard seeds 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp turmeric
- splash of soy sauce
In a large saucepan , medium heat cook the onions, garlic and finely chopped ginger until soft then add all of the spices and salt. cook for about 30 secs and then add the tin of tomatoes and the hot stock. cook for about 10 mins stirring occasionally . Now add the chickpeas, aubergine and cashews and simmer away for another 10 mins. Add the spinach and stir in until wilted and some coriander and season with a splash of soy sauce. stir and serve.
Top with some coriander and serve with Rice or just a naan bread.... the curry is quite filling.